Saturday, June 28, 2008
Sorry, no SODOMEE here ..... we already have our hands full trying to deal with a NAKED GUY who is attending High Court, thinking he is the JUDGE.
If that is not bad enough, we also have a retired LAWYER (with acute personality disorder) who thinks he is the King, Chief Justice, part-time PM and full-time Law Minister.
NOW, we are trying to prevent the entire nation from being SODOMISED by these kind of lunatics.
(There are a few more with a similar 'mental disorder' whom we will expose when the time comes. ... one of them thinks he could decide what the TAXI DRIVERS have to say about him).
p/s In the meantime Malaysians, including the BAR COUNCIL and all its LEGAL EAGLES are wondering why the actual Chief Justice is playing dumb and allowing some lunatic to have a field-day.
Wondering they are, BUT the Bar Council and its DATUK CHIEF are doing it with utmost silence.
I'm just concerned about the SILENT WONDERS.
Say something Ambiga! Say something! You are the Supreme Eagle, aren't you?
Original posting :
Freedom, Rule Of Law and Transparency - the 'Badawi Kingdom' style.
1. The Challenge from the 'pantat ayam' (chicken backside) creature which is terrorising Parliament!
(The Star) - The feud between Datuk Seri Nazri Abd Aziz, Minister in the Prime Minister’s Departments and Barisan Nasional Backbenchers Club (BBC) chairman Datuk Seri Tiong King Sing has worsened.
“I am expecting the BBC to recommend to Prime Minister Datuk Seri Abdullah Ahmad Badawi to sack me as a minister.
“If they dare not do that on Monday, then shut up and don’t talk anymore,’’ said Nazri.
He said this after Tiong said the club was upset with Nazri, who is in charge of Parliament matters. He said Nazri had accused the BBC members of being childish and gangster-like in removing the red tape placed as barricade at Parliament lobby on Tuesday.
The barricade was put up to bar reporters from the lobby.
Tiong said the backbenchers felt insulted by Nazri’s remarks, adding that the BBC had checked with both Speaker Tan Sri Pandikar Amin Mulia and Nazri and both were not aware of the barricade.
Tiong had also said the BBC would hold a meeting on Monday to discuss the issue and decide on the next course of action to be taken, as they felt Nazri had gone overboard.
2. Another SUCKER here who is making it all too clear that he's nothing more than a mere RUNNING DOG!
(Bernama) The government believes there is no basis in the allegation that High Court Judge Ian Chin had breached judicial code of ethics, said de facto law minister Zaid Ibrahim.
"The government cannot be setting up a tribunal every now and then just because someone says it should do so," said Zaid.
He was referring to calls by Dr Mahathir Mohamad for a tribunal to be established to investigate alleged misconduct by Justice Chin. Mahathir had on Thursday claimed that Chin had acted in bias when delivering a judgment in 1999.
The former premier also claimed that when the case went to the Federal Court, the judgment by the three-member panel in 2008 also supported his claims.
Zaid said that should Mahathir or others have proof of the alleged misconduct, they could report the matter to the police or the chief justice.
( Dr.Mahathir's written statement - A police report was made by Pengarah, Zara Sdn Bhd on June 16, 2005 on “Salahlaku Hakim Datuk Ian Chin Hon Chong”.
The report went from Police to Chief Justice Malaysia to Ministers, to the Anti Corruption Agency, to the Human Rights Commission and even to the Prime Minister. No action was taken by any of them. )
Zaid also stated that Chin had discharged his duties well and that the government had no intention of stepping in on the tit-for-tat exchange between Mahathir and the judge.
(Dr.Mahathir's written statement) In the meanwhile the cases (DSK, Zara and Banita) went to the Federal Court and a judgement was made on March 25, 2008 and this is what the Federal Court has to say of Chin J’s High Court judgement in the Zara and Banita suits.
“Without evidence or justification, the learned Judge wrongly held that DSK made these decisions. We find that the learned Judge’s findings were based on unjustified inferences, speculation, his own preconceived impressions and prejudice...” and;
“We find the learned Judge’s attack on the credibility of SSA (Syed Salem Al-Bukhary , the younger brother of DSK – who represented his incapacitated brother) as unwarranted and does not stand up to examination having regard to the extremely prejudiced view he held about SSA’s conduct as apparent in his judgment.”
p/s When did the GOVERNMENT arrive at this conclusion, Mr.Zaid ? When you mentioned the GOVERNMENT, does it mean that the CABINET had deliberated this matter or was it merely whispered around in Seri Perdana, witnessed by Jeanne's KITCHEN CABINET?
The Federal Court has clearly said what it had to say about Ian Chin (as stated above) and a police report had been lodged. How could you, the de fuckto Law Minister, then make such ridiculous statements? Have you transformed into a MORON since being appointed as a Minister Mr.Zaid, similar to the former de fuckto Law Minister who is the Parliamentary Housekeeper now?
BOTH YOU GUYS ARE SO SICKENING LAH!!!!!!
Let's see what the BNBBC is made of on Monday.
Thursday, June 26, 2008
And the full statement here :
STATEMENT BY YABHG TUN DR MAHATHIR BIN MOHAMAD
JUNE 26, 2008
1. On June 10, The Borneo Post reported Judge Ian Chin’s “explosive judicial disclosure”, about how judges were threatened and sent to Boot Camps by the former Prime Minister.
2. He made these revelations prior to hearing a case, apparently to avoid being accused of bias.
3. What he did not reveal is that there is a police report against him for breaches of Judge’s Code of Ethics in hearing a case in which he has a personal interest. He presided on a case involving Dato Syed Kechik without revealing that he believed Syed Kechik was responsible for detaining his father and brother 20 years before.
4. Chin joined Party Berjaya and lost twice. One of the objectives listed in Party Berjaya’s manifesto was to expel Syed Kechik from Sabah. (Syed Kechik akan dikeluarkan dari Sabah). As a party member he must know Berjaya’s hatred for Syed Kechik. This alone should have resulted in him excusing himself from hearing the case.
5. However, both the Claimants and Defendants in the hearing in 1999 did not seek to change the judge, believing that his being a Party Berjaya candidate would not affect his judgement.
6. It was only later that the defendants learnt about the detentions of his father and brother by the Tun Mustafa Government and that Ian Chin believed Syed Kechik was instrumental in getting his father and brother arrested.
7. John R Cherryman Q.C., lawyer for Dato Syed Kechik (DSK) in a written opinion after Chin J’s ruling of September 2, 2004, said inter alia “Looking at these matters in retrospect there emerges a pattern redolent of bias”.
8. Cherryman went on to say; “Knowing what we do now, the inference was that the Judge (Chin J) was throughout determined to have revenge against DSK (and corporate Defendants) for his (Dato Syed Kechik’s) alleged part in the detention of his family members.
9. When Party Berjaya won the State elections in April 1976, the Berjaya Government cancelled Syarikat Banita’s (belonging to Syed Kechik) timber license and on 1st October 1976 published Gazette Notification No 671 on compulsory acquisition of the whole of Zara Project Land of 2,452.74 acres also belonging to Syed Kechik.
10. On 7th September 1977 Banita filed a civil suit against the State Government and on 28th September 1977 Zara filed for the adjudication of compensation claim in respect of compulsory acquisition of its land for “public purpose”.
11. The Sabah Government through the Sabah Foundation, Suiswan Sdn Bhd and Seranum Sdn Bhd filed counter claims against DSK, Zara Sdn Bhd and Banita Sdn Bhd.
12. For about 20 years the Plaintiffs and their Solicitors went to “sleep”. No court action was taken.
13. Then on October 29th 1996 Justice Tee Ah Siang heard the case involving Originating Summons No 69 of 1977. The judge ordered the payment of RM40,920,011.00 in capital compensation by the State Government to Zara Sdn Bhd with 6 % per annum interest from 20th December 1976 to date of settlement.
14. Then on 6th January 1997, Chin J granted ex-parte Mareva Injunction Orders against the Defendants in suit 351 and 352 in response to the Plaintiffs (Sabah Government) application.
15. The very next day Chin J instructed Registrar to set hearing of Suit 351 on 9th January 1997, i.e. three days after he granted injunction against the Defendants.
16. On 9th April 1997 he delivered judgement on Strike Out Actions, refusing to grant order in favour of Defendants (Zara Sdn Bhd).
17. On 5th February 1999 a joint hearing of Suits 351 and 352 was held before Chin J at the Kota Kinabalu High Court. On 6th September 1999 Chin J delivered his judgement in which he stated on pgs 122-125:
“Yes, DSK was from West Malaysia sent to Sabah supposedly to help Sabah politically. Unfortunately, he introduced to Sabah, especially to the then politicians of Sabah, a way to get rich, very rich at that, quickly by way which I have already concluded are wrong in law.”
18. Chin J also said in his judgement that “DSK wielded too much power for anyone to believe that any bureaucrat would oppose him”. He concluded with dismissing with cost the application of the 2nd Defendant to strike out the injunction.
19. It became obvious that Chin J was biased against DSK. Yet he did not reveal his father’s and brother’s arrest during the time of Tun Mustafa’s Government and his belief that Syed Kechik who was adviser to Tun Mustafa was responsible for this arrest when hearing the case concerned.
20. Following this a police report was made by Pengarah, Zara Sdn Bhd on June 16, 2005 on “Salahlaku Hakim Datuk Ian Chin Hon Chong”. (refer to salinan report and 1st page of police report)
21. The report went from Police to Chief Justice Malaysia to Ministers, to the Anti Corruption Agency, to Suhakam (Human Rights Commission) and even to the Prime Minister. No action was taken by any of them.
22. In the meanwhile the cases (DSK, Zara and Banita) went to the Federal Court and a judgement was made on March 25, 2008 and this is what the Federal Court has to say of Chin J’s High Court judgement in the Zara and Banita suits.
23. “Without evidence or justification, the learned Judge wrongly held that DSK made these decisions. We find that the learned Judge’s findings were based on unjustified inferences, speculation, his own preconceived impressions and prejudice...” and;
“We find the learned Judge’s attack on the credbility of SSA (Syed Salem Al-Bukhary , the younger brother of DSK – who represented his incapacitated brother) as unwarranted and does not stand up to examination having regard to the extremely prejudiced view he held about SSA’s conduct as apparent in his judgment.”
24. This Federal Court judgement is likely to come in support of the alleged “Salahlaku” by Chin J in the Police Report by Zara Sdn Bhd.
25. Action is now more likely to be taken against Chin J for breach of the ethical code of judges when he did not reveal his personal interest in the case he was hearing and not recuse himself.
26. His “explosive judicial disclosures” of June 7, 2008 came shortly after the Federal Courts judgment on Mar 25th 2008 and appears to be a desperate attempt ro deflect the legitimate complain against him by the Defendants of Civil Suits Nos 351 and 352 of 1979 which the Federal Courts’ decision seem to support.
27. The reference to the threats by the former Prime Minister and his being sent to a Boot Camp had nothing to do with the case he was about to hear or his previous hearing of a case in which he had personal interest. Refer to statement by Tan Sri Abu Talib Othman, former Attorney-General and current chairman of Suhakam.
28. It looks as if he was trying to curry favour with the Government by demonising the previous Prime Minister whom everyone knows is the bete noir of the present Government.
29. And he was quite right because Government Ministers and the Prime Minister rushed to accept his story as absolutely true. But other judges had refused to endorse his statement about threats by the Prime Minister casting doubt on its veracity. He now “slams a fellow judge in court” but he has not been able to condemn the other judges who also disagreed with him. The Boot Camp was of course not a Boot Camp at all. It was Kursus Tata Negara which had been attended by thousands of civil servants, business executives and politicians, without any complaints.
30. It will be interesting to see whether the Government would set up a tribunal to examine the charges against Ian Chin J.
31. I suspect that it will not. And so this judge who obviously breached The Judges Code of Ethics by “being a judge in his own cause” will simply get away with his unethical behaviour while presiding over a case.
32. The public should question how a person such as Ian Chin J should have been recommended to become a judge. I cannot remember recommending him. He is a disgrace to the judiciary and to the legal profession.
33. Now Chin has changed his accusation of “veiled threat” to “the former premier did not say he would remove judges through a tribunal in those exact words but conveyed the threat by “dropping words to that effect here and there”. I wonder what the words are. He will now be thinking and cooking up more stories.
34. This reflects the character of the man who presides over our courts and dispenses “justice”. He makes use of his position as a judge and the courts to take revenge for alleged actions against members of his family.
Tun Dr.Mahathir Mohamad
Some not-so-little BIRD says this is in the pipeline and that the so-called 'Asia's aviation guru' is being promoted by Khazanah to lead the new NATIONAL CHAMPION?
(reminds me of the brilliant idea of wanting to create TWO national champions in the aviation industry not so many moons ago. Go here http://rockybru.blogspot.com/2007/04/two-national-champions.html
The bird also said that a few 'BIGGG' guys from Khazanah right up to the 4th floor are not happy with Datuk Seri Idris Idris Jala. The despice the guy for his guts and OBVIOUSLY for his brains.
These BIGGGG guys, the bird said, were waiting for Idris to FAIL so they could move in and have a 'fire-sale' but Idris has been consistently pouring cold water on their face.
p/s What do you think of the intended Mas-AirAsia merger ? How many millions of ringgit should we offer to this new National Champion in the making ?
We re-brand the new national champion AmasSING , or should it be Air Amass ?
Wednesday, June 25, 2008
I think High Court judge Ian Chin should just keep his mouth shut before anything he says will tarnish his reputation as a judge. He fired another salvo yesterday :
“…Dr Mahathir for what he had done and for what he is trying to do is a devil incarnate but to those who had suffered under his hands, even that description my be rather complimentary,” said Chin in open court during a hearing of an election petition in Sibu, Sarawak, this afternoon.
A devil incarnate? This statement made by him is very unbecoming of a High Court judge.
go here : www.jebatmustdie.wordpress.com for a complete dressing down of this Crybaby who thinks he is a Judge. - now this is what you call a real 'CRISIS in the JUDICIARY' ... to have a full-blown moron as a judge.
p/s Chief Judge, Bar Council, Zaid Abraham, Param Cumaraswamy, Karpal Singh and all the other WARRIORS OF JUSTICE ! Where are you guys ?.... Please tell the nation if this crying-kid Ian Chin is qualified to continue as a High Court judge?
Tuesday, June 24, 2008
ON GLOBAL-GEO-POLITICAL CHANGES AND IMPACT ON TRADE AND SHPPING IN ASIA AT THE CONVENTION CENTER, KUALA LUMPUR
ON 24 JUNE 2008
Ladies and Gentlemen;
1. Firstly may I thank the organisers for this invitation to speak on “Global Geo-Political Changes and the Impact on Trade and Shipping in Asia”. Perhaps I should begin with a short review of the history of shipping.
2. Since the days of the Phoenician traders, the fate of the Mediterranean countries affected shipping in the Mediterranean Sea.
3. When the Europeans finally found their way to the East, their ships began to appear in Asian ports. Unlike Asians, the Europeans came in armed merchantman. Soon they were fighting each other as they began to seize the lands of their trading partners to ensure monopoly of supply of Eastern spices.
4. The English took to tea drinking and they built fast clippers to carry tea from China and later to carry opium to China. That lead to the Opium Wars and the seizure of Chinese ports.
5. Over the centuries, the Europeans came to dominate Asian seas as they try to protect their shipping and trade.
6. Great ports grew in the littoral Asian states. Penang, Singapore, Manila, Hong Kong, Shanghai, Kobe and Tokyo grew and prospered as trade, particularly the export of Asian spices and industrial products grew.
7. In the meantime the colonies of the European nations had been developed to produce raw material such as minerals and rubber for European industries. Trade pattern and shipping changed to reflect the European conquest of Asia and their need for raw material for their industries and the export of the industrial products.
8. Japan industrialised after the European model and Japanese policy of importing raw material to process and add value for re-export saw the emergence of great Japanese shipping companies dominating the Eastern seas.
9. The Europeans saw a need to curb Japan and after Japan joined Germany and Italy, it was subjected to sanctions and curbs of its oil imports. This lead to the Pacific War which ended in Japan’s defeat.
10. But Japan rebuilt its industries quickly and began exporting good quality manufactured goods even more. To fuel Japanese industries oil was needed.
11. Again shipping and trade patterns changed as huge tankers were built to transport crude oil to Japan. The tankers grew in size and number and there was talk of million ton tankers. Danger of pollution by oil spills grew as these behemoths pass each other along narrow straits.
12. Following Japan, South Korea, Taiwan, Hong Kong and China grew and adopted the Japanese strategy of importing raw materials, processing and adding value and exporting the products.
13. Southeast Asian countries followed suit. Then India decided to get into the act. Asia was converting into a huge powerhouse of industry and trade. Shipping grew at a faster rate, especially after containers and container shipping grew. With the coming of air travel, passenger shipping almost disappeared, to be replaced partly by cruise ships.
14. Geopolitical factors continued to influence trade and shipping in Asia and the world.
15. For a long time, Communist China was reclusive, refusing to have much to do with the rest of the world. Then Deng Siaw Peng changed the whole concept of Communism. Keeping its centralised authority he allowed a modified version of the market economy to function.
16. Within a very short time this sleeping giant woke up to become the worlds manufacturing centre. Huge ports were built, ships of all kinds were launched and trade grew by leaps and bounds. The growth of the GDP was phenomenal and seems unstoppable.
17. Hard on the heels of China came India. The demand for ships grew and port-cities propered. World trade increased tremendously creating demands for more ships and new trade routes.
18. Malaysia had been a trading centre for 1800 years, beginning with the export of jungle produce in exchange for the products of China, Japan, India and the Arabian peninsular. Its ports provided shelter and victualing facilities for ships sailing East and West.
19. Various Malayan ports prospered when they became collecting centres for the products of the Malay Archipelago for re-export to Asia and Europe. The greatest port was Malacca, founded in the 13th century.
20. Ships from Arabia, India, China and Japan stopped in Malacca to wait for the monsoon winds. In Malacca they exchanged their lacquer ware, silver and bronze products, perfume, silk etc for spices and minerals such as tin. Some traders stayed longer or permanently and Malacca grew and prospered.
21. But in 1909 the Portuguese arrived and two years later they conquered Malacca. Thus began the colonisation of the Malay Peninsular.
22. Between the Peninsular and Sumatra lies the Straits of Malacca. Ships sailing East and West found the Straits to be the shortest and the most convenient. I don’t know who officially designated it as an international waterway. But it has been so regarded for centuries now. I don’t think the Malay Rulers of the Peninsular states made any formal declaration that the Straits was an international waterway. Nor have they ever protested. Nor is the Malaysian Government going to protest.
23. But the character of shipping passing through the Straits have changed. Ships now carry dangerous cargo including oil. These ships are so big that their keels may be just one or two metres above the sea bed in several places along the Straits. Their numbers have also increased tremendously and as they pass each other there is grave danger of collisions.
24. Ships often rid themselves of sludge in the Straits. Should they collide, the oil tankers in particular could pollute the whole narrow strait and the shores of peninsular Malaysia and Sumatra. The oil and tar would damage the beaches, kill fish and birds on the shores and affect the livelihood of fishermen.
25. Malaysia and Indonesia are not entitled to collect any fees for passage through the Straits. But both countries have to maintain costly equipment and men to deal with pollution of the Straits as well as piracy and maintenance of navigational aids. Of course with the advent of the GPS light-houses many no longer be needed. But they still have to be mantained.
26. Passage via the Straits saves millions of dollars through the short cut that it offers. But is it fair that Malaysia and Indonesia should be burdened with overseeing shipping and dealing with pollution in the strait when the beneficiaries are the shipping companies.
27. The argument is that the straits is not a man-made waterway. It was fine in the “good old days” of sailing ships. But as I said, the kind of ships using the Straits are very different now and pose real danger to the littoral states. It is time that ancient concepts be reviewed and replaced with new ones to deal with realities of the time. After all territorial waters was just three miles when guns had only a short range, and when more powerful guns were invented the powerful countries claim their territorial waters extended to twelve miles off shore. So why cannot we change the concept of international waterways which are not man made. We cannot wait for an Exxon Valdez to happen and pollute the whole straits before we rethink our concepts.
28. Global geo-political changes will continue to impact on trade and shipping. Everyone says that the future belongs to Asia. I am inclined to agree. Attempts will be made by the current world powers to prevent this from happening. But this will be dangerous and futile.
29. It would be far better for the world to accept and to adjust to the ascendency of Asia. But Asia too must not be too eager to flex its muscles. If we are going to claim that we are civilised we should give up the idea of using force to resolve disputes between nations. Killing people so you can advance your national agenda is primitive and unworthy of our claim to being civilised. If we can ban wars then this will be the biggest single Geo-Political decision which will increase world trade and the associated shipping industry.
Tun Dr.Mahathir Mohamad
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia.
There is also an attempt to blame me for "advising" the Government on removing the subsidy. I would like to clarify again that although I am called Adviser to Petronas, I do not advise at all, least of all to the Government," says Petronas Adviser Tun Dr.Mahathir Mohamad. - here http://www.chedet.com/
No wonder the spinners from the mainstream media, RTM and TV3 included, were going all out for Hassan Marican's throat. (Some half-past-six Opposition MPs also joined the bandwagon without knowing head or tail).
Sheih http://www.kickdefella.wordpress.com/ did an earlier point by point analysis which exposed the TRUTH about the fuel price issue and the SPINNING DRAMA of the 4th Floor.
Dear Malaysians! This is exactly how the DEVILS operate ... BEWARE!
NEXT, a MAS-AirAsia merger ?
The ECM Libra & Avenue Capital kindda merger where the dirty RAT swallows the mighty Elephant and Tony becomes the CEO/MD/CFO with a 100% salary increase?
These guys, lead by none other than the guy 'who thinks he is the PM', are screwing our MALAYSIA BOLEH spirit to the maximum.
p/s May God have mercy on Qali & Boys, for mere humans can't possibly forgive these CREATURES.
Sunday, June 22, 2008
B.S.A Tahir was detained under the Internal Security Act sometime in 2004 for his involvement (thru a Scomi subsidiary) in the blackmarket nuclear equipment trading/supply/commissioning.
Sources said he has been released. Whereabouts unknown.
p/s Are you preparing to take-off too Mr.Flip-Flop ? The timing of this recent ISA release looks a bit weird though ... looks like you are allowing the scape-goat to flee without saying anything to the new administration.
Someone please keep track of this Basir guy. We might need a Statutory Declaration from him!
Those sincere Malaysians who truly love this country and uphold TRUTH ... and happen to be working in the GLCs! We need your help to expose the many RATS that have made their way into your respective organisations in the last couple of years.
As the RATS and their masters have been increasingly engaging in dubious transactions that borders around Criminal Breach of Trust (CBT), Corruption, Cronyism and Nepotism, its also time for us to engage in ‘active networking’ to blow these culprits cover.
We need your (those of you who are working in the GLCs and those dealing with ‘highly suspicious/corrupt’ characters in GLCs ) help to EXPOSE this cancerous disease which seems to be spreading like wildfire.
It was reliably understood that these guys who have been planted in GLCs (after 31st Oct, 2003) have now realized that the ‘planter’s’ days are numbered, so naturally they are trying to swindle as much as possible while they are in ‘power’.
WE MUST STOP THIS! This is also a GOLDEN opportunity for us to nab these Qali Baba & his group of thieves as they’re not only greedy but are said to be so desperate now.
Desperate people would do stupid mistakes! Just keep BOTH eyes on such thieves among you, even if it’s your CEO, CFO or Managing Director.
We (enraged Malaysian citizens who have started blogging as a mean to expose thieves who are swindling the NATION’s wealth) are sure that as a CITIZEN you must be equally furious about such crimes.
JUST EXPOSE THEM! YOU CAN HELP THIS NATION IF YOU WANT TO.
p/s Post your info anonymously (comments section). Send it even if it’s a rumour as WE will do the necessary to verify your information. Do it before your bosses try to double or triple their salary/remunerations AGAIN.
Friday, June 20, 2008
Palanivel: Dr M should remember his own roots
Jun 20, 2008
MIC deputy president G Palanivel today slammed former premier Dr Mahathir Mohamad for accusing party chief S Samy Vellu of being a racist and warned such statements could fan deeper racial sentiments.
In a statement released today, Palanivel (photo, right) also said that the former prime minister's comments on Hindraf were inaccurate and insensitive to the sentiment of Indians in the country.
"It is sad to note that Mahathir is not aware of the fact that Hindraf is not only made of Tamil people but includes many non-Tamil and even non-Hindus.
"He (Mahathir) is wrong when he said Hindraf leaders only represent Tamil racists," said Palanivel in defence to Samy Vellu who has recently joined in the bandwagon in advocating for the release of five Hindraf leaders detained under the Internal Security Act (ISA).
Palanivel delivered a stinging rebuke to the former premier by advising Mahathir "to remember his own roots" before making such statements.
While Palanivel did not elaborate on this, he is likely to be referring to Mahathir's forefathers, who are from South India.
It is widely believed that Mahathir's father, a school teacher, had migrated to Malaysia from the southern Indian state of Kerala and subsequently married a Malay woman.
He has 'lost sight of the big picture'
The MIC man also added that Mahathir has "lost sight of the big picture" in his efforts to wage a war against the current prime minister and Samy Vellu.
"People have become more politically aware and Mahathir should know how people read him. He should not make unsubstantiated statements that are reckless and careless in nature," he said. - mkini.
GUESS WHY PALANIVEL IS BARKING OUT ALOUD, TALKING ABOUT ROOTS ?
April 16, 2008 – excerpts of Dato’ Seri S.Samy Vellu’s interview in Malaysiakini.
Q : With you remaining as president until 2012, and with (former deputy president) S Subramaniam back in the fold and with (current deputy president) G Palanivel still in the picture. What will happen as far as the contest for the number two post is concerned in the (2009) party polls?
Samy : There is a fundamental misunderstanding. They say I brought back Subra. There is nothing to bring back Subra, he is already in the party. He lost in the (2006 party elections) but he was quiet in the party.
We had a lot of misunderstandings because at that time, I supported Palanivel very strongly, openly. I campaigned for him throughout the country.
He did not ask me to campaign. But I went and worked … at every state, I called for meetings and told people why we need a change in the deputy president and he (Palanivel) won the elections.
After he won the elections, a lot of people said that it is because of them that he won, but I didn’t want to say anything.
After that, there was a lot of attack on me by the press, particularly one Tamil press which is also close to Subramaniam. After the (March elections, he (Subramaniam) also felt that we are all in a disarray and it would be better to work together. He talked to me and I said, ‘Okay we’ll meet.’
We met and discussed, I said, ‘We’ll work together’. That is the only understanding we came to … to work together. I think it is more peaceful now and it is better. We have made up to strengthen the party.
Q : So will you once again openly support Palanivel in the coming party elections?
SAMY : No ! I think in future I will remain neutral.
Will this be your stand for all positions such as vice-presidency and so forth?
Samy : That I have to think later !
Note : For Kunta Kinte (who talks about ROOTS) it's a clear 'NO'. For others - "I'll Think later' - WONDER WHY ?
p/s Its an open secret in the MIC now that Samy Vellu does not see eye to eye with Mr.Palani after the once blue-eyed-boy's unsuccessful attempt to back-stab his President.
The impatient 'boy' tried to drum out the idea that ' the sole reason for MIC candidates' defeat in the General Election was SAMY VELLU'.
Palanivel (thinking he was smart enough) tried to push the idea to a certain top UMNO leader with the hope that he could become the next MIC President instantly if Samy is pressured to step-down.
The BACK-STABBING ACTION failed miserably when Samy got wind of HIS boy's impatience.
When he saw some opening for him to 'polish Samy', the COLD-ROOM guy is barking, but again at the wrong tree.
What is this Palanivel, political game or an act of survival ?
Thought before the election you guys said Hindraf members are all thugs, samseng and secret society members supported by the Opposition - how now?
THE DEPUTY SHOT HIMSELF ?
Thursday, June 19, 2008
AirAsia gets deal to fly civil servants ! - 19 Jun, 2008
AirAsia said today it had sealed a deal to get some business from the Malaysian government, which currently only flies civil servants on state-owned Malaysia Airlines.
"We hope to secure up to 50 percent of the government expenditure on air tickets," the budget carrier's chairman Aziz Bakar told reporters.
"It will contribute 20 to 30 percent to our bottom line."
Tour operators estimate the government spends about RM500 million annually on flights for the nation's one million civil servants.
AirAsia, launched in December 2001 with just two aircraft, has become the region's biggest low-cost carrier and is in fierce competition with Malaysia Airlines.
Top officials from the two companies have been engaging in an increasingly bitter war of words and have withdrawn the discount offered to each other's chairmen, one of the genteel traditions in the cut-throat aviation industry. -
Now, this is really funny.
Is the Government trying to kill MAS (owned Malaysians via the Min of Finance Inc) to save a private company which had jumped into the CUT-THROAT industry like a piranha just a couple of years ago?
WHY!!!!! WHY, such preferential treatment for AirAsia ?
Tony and guys fully subscribe to the free-market/open competition and all that jumbo jargon of the IMF/World Bank/WTO but why are they running back into OUR kitchen asking for a share of the 'old bread'?
Is Tony not the guy who wants to move millions of Asean citizens and ordered hundreds of new JUMBO-aircrafts for these feats? I don't think the Jumbo's were ordered to fly our Civil Servants.
WHY IS THE GOVERNMENT "BAILING OUT" AIRASIA BHD - an airline which (barely) stands under the shadows of the dubious Qali & Gang?
p/s The Finance Minister is busy (even if he is not the 'cacamarba guy' might not know), TopCat can you please explain this clear-cut BAIL-OUT ?
Repeating the mistakes that led to the thrashing we received at the Elections, our leaders have remained complacent and live in denial.
Today's developments around SAPP in Sabah point to the depth of the leadership crisis facing the country.
The top leadership of BN and of Umno has lost all credibility, and our component parties are rethinking their relationship with us.
This should come as no surprise except to those who have been living in complete denial.
In its management of the economy this leadership has lacked vision and shown a disturbing inability to plan and execute.
The haphazard and wavering way in which petrol subsidies were recently removed damaged the government's credibility in managing the economy at a time when we face very serious economic challenges and our people are hurting.
Politically, instead of listening, the leadership silences voices from the ground calling for change and suppresses democratic processes set out by the party constitution.
Instead of change we have been getting media and political manipulation.
I warned openly of SAPP's impending action a week ago, but until yesterday night the leadership dismissed my warning out of hand and the Prime Minister said he knew nothing.
I want what is best for Umno, and I have put myself on the line to reform Umno.
If our leaders refuse to face reality, I fear the worst for the party and this government.
YB Tengku Razaleigh Hamzah - MP Gua Musang
Wednesday, June 18, 2008
DAP questions SAPP no-confidence motion and motive
By : Audrey Dermawan
GEORGE TOWN, Wed: DAP secretary-general Lim Guan Eng has questioned the Sabah People Progressive Party’s motive in wanting to table a vote of no-confidence against the Prime Minister despite being part of the Barisan Nasional.
"The SAPP's move is unusual. The only thing for SAPP to do now is to leave BN. But why is the party not leaving BN? What is its motive? How is it that the party wants to table such a motion when it is still part of the coalition?" he said after the weekly state executive council meeting here yesterday.Asked if DAP would support SAPP's motion, Lim said if the Sabah party wanted DAP's support, then they would have to rationalise their decision. - NST Online.
Come'on la Guan Eng, WHAT else you want ? Please tell Malaysians whether your 'My Daddy&I, plus Uncle Karpal' party has the guts to support SAPP's vote of no-confidence or not?
Tun Dr.Mahathir has repeatedly said that your daddy Kit, Karpal and Abdullah are madly in love with each other. Karpal, it seems, would do anything to keep Abdullah in power ... is it true?
If these are mere allegations, then you have the golden chance to prove your critics wrong.
p/s Anwar also loves Abdullah but he can't show it openly. Once bitten twice shy ma'. So, Anwar is haunting Najib so he could get closer to Abdullah if Najib 'falls'.
The disgruntled politician who became a judge by default, it seems, escaped from such a course which was attended by all the other judges.
Maybe he thinks he's an aristocrat who is just fit to RULE others and not be expected to wash his own dinner plates.
To cover his cowardice, he claimed that the BTN course was a boot-camp.
The Sabahans despise this guy just for that, his snobbish attitude.
But Zaid would take this guy to Z&Co if/when he is sacked as this guy has turned out to be an obedient lapdog.
p/s Mr.Samy, wait for your turn. I bet it would be explosive since you're a SAINT. Are you not?
Tuesday, June 17, 2008
1. This is what the NST says, Samy said yesterday.
Samy Vellu: Dr M failed the Indian community
KUALA LUMPUR: Tun Dr Mahathir Mohamad did very little for the Indian community when he was prime minister, MIC president Datuk Seri S. Samy Vellu said yesterday.
Samy Vellu said the Indians had to struggle on their own for more than 140 years and achieved success only through sheer hard work .
“Despite the MIC appealing again and again for help, he refused to budge,” Samy Vellu said in response to Dr Mahathir’s remarks during a talk in Teluk Intan on Saturday.
The former prime minister had said the Malays were willing to admit other races into the country and endowed them with rights.
2. This is what Samy said (on 20th of May, 2007) after a SIMILAR statement from him which appeared in two Tamil dailies ( Makal Osai and Nanban ) and on 16th of May, 2007.
Bernama.comMalaysian National News Agency
MIC Members Set Fire To Dailies Over Report
May 20, 2006 18:55 PM
KLUANG, May 20 (Bernama) -- MIC members held a protest here and in Kulai against two Tamil dailies that misquoted party president Datuk Seri S. Samy Vellu's remarks at the Johor MIC Convention in Skudai on Tuesday.
About 50 members from the party's division in Kluang carried placards voicing their displeasure over the reports in Nanban and Makal Osai at Jalan Station here at about 11.30 am.
They later set fire to some copies of the two newspapers.Another protest was carried out by members of the Kulai division at the Kulai bas terminal at about 12.30 pm.
The protest was over the reports by both newspapers that Samy Vellu had stated the former Prime Minister Tun Dr Mahathir Mohamad did nothing to improve the standard of living of the Indian community.
He was answering questions from the floor on why the Indian community failed to achieve the three percent equity under the Eight Malaysia Plan.
Samy Vellu who deplored the reports Friday retorted that it is the underhand tactics of his adversaries who were out to undermine him.
The MIC president said he had called Dr Mahathir who was in Turkey to clarify that he had been misquoted by the two newspapers.
>> THIS is what MP for Ipoh Barat M.Kulasegaran and THOUSANDS OF OTHER MALAYSIANS OF INDIAN ORIGIN have been saying about Samy Vellu and how HE (and not Tun Dr.Mahathir Mohamad) has allegedly ROBBED them.
“THE SCANDAL involving the Telekoms Malaysia shares to Maika Holdings in 1990 is still an urgent matter the Indian community wants the government to investigateurgently and punish the offenders who hijacked the shares.
The Indian community has lost nearly RM300 million in accumulated value as a result of the hijacking of the shares.
The investigation against MIC president in 1992 is incomplete and unacceptable and the case was reopening but until today no announcement has been maderegarding the final outcome of the police and ACA probe.
How long have the Indian community, who suffered huge loses as a result of the hijacking of the shares, have to wait before they can get justice.
The government of Prime Minister Datuk Seri Abdullah Badawi has promised transparency, full investigation and eradication of corruption.
Why the long delay on the probe against Samy Vellu ?
I will raise this mater in parliament and demand full answers to the earlier investigation and a new and proper investigation are conducted.
A police report was filed at the Dangi Wangi station on May 25 by Klang resident Thiagarasan A/L Palaniaya demanding that the police conduct an independentinvestigation on the losses, misuse of power, mismanagement and criminal breach of trust in connection with the Telekom shares to MIC in 1990.
The police report states in September 1990 the Finance Ministry made a special offer of 10 million Telekom shares to Maika Holdings.
At that time the shares weretraded at price levels in excess of RM10 per share. In 1992, the Indian community found out that the MIC sold the shares cheap earning only one million shares.
On May 16, 1992 Tan Sri G. K. Rama Iyer, Managing Director of Maika Holdings revealed that Samy Vellu was informed at 6.10 am on October 5th 1990, thatMaika had been offered 10 million TM shares and of the probability of obtaining full loan financing and that Maika intended to take up the entire allocation of 10 million shares.
Rama Iyer further disclosed that Samy Vellu replied that there must have been a mistake.
The offer to Maika should be for one million and not 10 million.
According to Samy Vellu, the remaining 9million shares were meant to be allocated to “otherMIC bodies”.
Thus after Samy Vellu had contacted the Finance Ministry (read Anwar Ibrahim), the letter of offer was retracted and Maika’s allocation was reduced to 1 million shares.
Samy Vellu’s response to this disclosure was that Maika Holdings did not have the capacity (funds) to purchase the TM shares but this was denied by RamaIyer (NST, Dec 10 2003).
Indeed, in 1992, Rama Iyer had disclosed that a letter from Arab-Malaysian Merchant Bankers Bhd offering RM50 million to financethe purchase of the 10 million shares was received on October 6th 1990.
In a statement before Parliament after the scandal broke, then Finance Minister Datuk Seri Anwar Ibrahim disclosed that since Maika had stated that it couldtake up only one million shares, the other nine million shares were allocated to three companies proposed by Maika because to his “ministry’s knowledge, the three companies represented the interests of the Indian community” (The Star, April 30, 1992).
According to one Pasamanikam, a Maika director at that time, Maika did not reject the Finance Ministry’s offer and did not propose that the nine million sharesbe allocated to other companies.
He further revealed that Maika had indeed raised a RM50 million loan to facilitate the acquisition of the entire 10 million shares even before the Finance Ministry had withdrawn its offer.
The 3 companies that received the 9 million shares were named by Thiagarasan in the police report as:
1) Clearways Sdn Bhd/RM2 share/ owned by Robert Tan, Baharudin (Samy Vellu’s driver).
2) SB Management Services Sdn Bhd/RM3/owned by Balasubramaniam, Sothinathan.
3) Advance Personal Computers Sdn Bhd/RM250,000/owned by Balasubramaniam, Sothinathan, Selvendra/
Many questions remain unanswered. Why 9 million TM shares given to Maika were diverted to 3 shell companies?
How did the Ministry of Finance satisfy itself that the companies nominated for the 9 million shares represented the interests of the Indian community?
How did the 3 companies finance the purchase of 9 million shares at RM5 a share?
What were the ultimate profits made by the 3 companies? Who took the profits?
How were the profits made by the 3 companies distributed?
Did the ACA test the claim that the 3 companies represented the interests of the Indian community?
So many questions, few answers!” - from M.Kulasegaran’s www.kula.blogsome.com .
WONDER WHO IS THE ACTUAL CULPRIT WHO SHORTCHANGED THE MALAYSIANS OF INDIAN ORIGIN ?
I'm talking about Tun Dr.Mahathir Mohamad's blog www.chedet.com . Truly trail blazing Dr.Mahathir is leading the way, once again, while the one who is suppose to lead is sleeping on the job.
Think twice if you think Dr.Mahathir is irrelevant !
p/s My fishmonger buddy Ah Siong says it is the current PM who is of no significance to the nation. I wonder how many MILLIONS more share Ah Siong's sentiments ?
Friday, June 13, 2008
STATUTORY DECLARATION of former Bank Negara assistant Governor Datuk Abdul Murad Khalid - made on 28 October, 1999.
I, Datuk Abdul Murad Bin Khalid (NRIC No. 531215-08-5957), a Malaysiancitizen of full age and care of No 104, Jalan Setiabakti 9, BukitDamansara, 50490 Kuala Lumpur, do hereby solemnly and sincerely declare as follows:
1. On 16th September 1999 I was charged with failing to disclosetruthfully information on Ben Harta Sdn Bhd (BHSB) shares and 51 of itsproperties allegedly held for my benefit pursuant to section 87(2)(c)Banking and Financial Institutions Act 1989 (BAFIA).
2. In order to do justice for my own sake, I must make a public declaration on certain matters connected with the various positions I heldin Bank Negara Malaysia (BNM) so as to show to the public at large the nature and stresses/strains that were attendant to these positions. This public statement is also intended to provide the public with the proper perspectives of the machinations of the former Deputy PrimeMinister Datuk Seri Anwar Ibrahim (DSAI) who was also the Finance Ministerand hence the Minister directly in command of BNM.
3. As one of the top executives in BNM, I invariably came into contactwith Datuk Seri Anwar Ibrahim who took a liking for me and subsequently entrusted me to carry out some of his instructions, what has to come to be believed by me now to further his political ambitions. In futherance of his political scheme, Datuk Seri Anwar Ibrahim instructed me to implement certain corporate exercises in favour of his friends and cronies. The debts of his cronies were cleared/settled using the profits from deals using the influence of BNM.
4. Amongst the most significant corporate exercises is the takeover of Sikap Power, the concession holder of the Independent Power Project (IPP)at Lumut, Perak. The concession was sold to MRCB on the instruction of Datuk Seri AnwarIbrahim and MRCB later injected the concession into Malakof Berhad, whichis the subsidiary of MRCB. I believe that a profit of about RM50 million from this deal went to oneof DSAI's political funds.
5. A male Chinese named Tong Kooi Ong is also involved significantly inraising financial assistance for Datuk Seri Anwar Ibrahim. Tong Kooi Ong is the Chief Executive Officer (CEO) of Phileo AlliedBerhad, which is listed on the Main Board of the KLSE. Phileo Allied Bank is also under the control of Tong Kooi Ong. Tong Kooi Ong came into contact with Datuk Seri Anwar Ibrahim on myintroduction and they subsequently became very close. Tong Kooi Ong subsequently disclosed to me that in return for thefavours granted to him by Datuk Seri Anwar Ibrahim, he had established a"Master Account" under his control, from which financial contributionscould be made for the interests of Datuk Seri Anwar Ibrahim. This Master Account is to derive revenues from the holding of shares andbuildings. At one point Tong Kooi Ong confided in me that the Master Account wasworth RM200 million based on the values of shares and building assigned toit.
6. I believe there are at least 20 other "Master Accounts" establishedfor Datuk Seri Anwar Ibrahim by his various cronies. I believe that the total funds in these 20 Master Accounts run into morethan RM3 billion. DSAI's modus operandi is to divide and rule and the operator of eachMaster Account is not aware of the existence of the other Master Accounts. I believe the Government is aware of who these cronies are.
7. As far as I know and through my own involvement, more than RM120million had been paid to Datuk Seri Anwar Ibrahim, his cronies and theorganisations he used to advance his own political ambitions. For example, it is within my personal knowledge that on the instructionsof Datuk Seri Anwar Ibrahim funds from the Master Account was paid tohimself and the following persons and organisations known to be affiliatedor connected to him between 1992 to 1997: (1) to himself (DSAI) - RM50 million (2) Dato Abdullah Ahmad (UN) - RM5 million (3) Dato Nasaruddin Jalil - RM10 million (4) Asia Pacific Policy Centre (APPC) & Douglas H. Paal - RM38 million(USD 10.0 million) (5) Institut Kajian Dasar (IKD) - RM5 million (6) Aliran & Dr Chandra Muzaffar - RM5 million (7) ABIM - RM5 million (8) International Institute of Islamic Thought (IIIT) - RM2 million (9) A UK-based Islamic Foundation - RM1 million Total - RM121 Million
8. I am also informed that Datuk Seri Anwar Ibrahim instructed Tong KooiOng to take into his employ Puan Shamsidar and one Encik Rahman, which hedid. Puan Shamsidar is the wife of Encik Azman Ali, the Private Secretaryto Datuk Seri Anwar Ibrahim. It is widely known that Puan Shamsidar is generously remunerated and isprovided with a car and driver and most of the time she did not need to goto work.
9. I must make a special mention of the American based organisationcalled Asia Pacific Policy Centre (APPC) headed by Douglas H. Paal, theformer Senior Director from Asian Affairs (1989 to 1993) of the NationalSecurity Council (NSC) of the United States of America. Douglas H. Paal left the National Security Council to start APPC in 1993funded mainly by contributions from Datuk Seri Anwar Ibrahim. I was responsible for arranging USD 10 million in contributions to APPCand Douglas H. Paal on Datuk Seri Anwar's instructions. I believe that other cronies of Datuk Seri Anwar Ibrahim also madesubstantial contributions to APPC and Douglas H. Paal. Although I cannotascertain the exact quantum of their contributions I am convinced they raninto millions of US Dollars. APPC and Douglas H. Paal are one of the mainvehicles used by Datuk Seri Anwar Ibrahim to promote his image in theWestern countries, mainly in Washington, USA and the United Kingdom andother European nations. APPC also lobbied strongly for Datuk Seri AnwarIbrahim with the international media organisations.
10. APPC organised "The Pacific Dialogue" conferences under thepatronage of Datuk Seri Anwar Ibrahim. The First Pacific Dialogue was heldin Penang sometime in November 1994. The Second Pacific Dialogue was heldin January 1996, the Third Pacific Dialogue in November 1996 and theFourth Pacific Dialogue in January 1998. There was supposed to be a FifthPacific Dialogue to be held in December 1998 but it was cancelled becausethe Patron was no longer the Deputy Prime Minister anf Finance Minister ofMalaysia. All the Pacific Dialogue conferences were held in Malaysiabecause Datuk Seri Anwar Ibrahim was the major source of funding for APPC.
11. In what I believe as tantamount to a betrayal of public trust, DatukSeri Anwar Ibrahim also insisted that APPC should manage BNM's reserves ofRM50 billion and the EPF fund in return for the services provided to himby APPC. Alternatively a hefty fee of USD 3 million was to be paidannually to APPC for the cost of running the Centre in Washington.Fortunately this instruction of Datuk Seri Anwar Ibrahim for APPC tomanage the above funds was never put into effect. What I have stated abovegoes to prove without doubt that Datuk Seri Anwar Ibrahim was indeed anunscrupulous leader who was prepared to sacrifice the country's coffersfor the benefit of its political ambition with the help of foreignelements. The current developments that are taking place in the countrywhich threatened the public peace and well being of the Rakyat to furtherDatuk Seri Anwar Ibrahim's political ambition are ample proof to supportthis assertion.
12. I was also directed by Datuk Seri Anwar Ibrahim, then alreadyappointed as the Finance Minister, to assist the following persons toclear their debts as described below: a) Datuk Seri Anwar Ibrahim instructed me to settle the debt of Tan SriAbdullah Ahmad (now the permanent representative to the United Nations)with Bank Bumiputra of more than RM10 million. I helped to negotiate thesettlement amount of RM7 million. An amount of RM5 million was taken fromMaster Account to help pay the debt. The balance of RM2 million came fromTan Sri Abdullah Ahmad from the sale of his land. b) Datuk Seri Anwar Ibrahim instructed me to help settle Puan MarinaYusof's debt with local banks amounting to more than RM20 million. Ipresented her application to the Tabung Pemulihan Usahawan (TPU) forassistance to develop her land along Jalan Tun Razak, on which is now thecompleted Complex Marinara. The TPU panel approved her application. PuanMarina Yusof is extremely grateful to Datuk Seri Anwar Ibrahim. c) Penang based Mercury Securities owed MUI Bank more than RM10 millionsecured by a third party land charge. The majority shareholder is ChewSeng Guan and one Encik Ahmad Kamal whom Datuk Seri Anwar Ibrahim groomedto be an up-and-coming Bumiputra businessman and politician. Isubsequently helped to arrange for the sale of the land to Matang Emas SdnBhd, a company owned by Taib Hamid, the sale of which incidently alsosorted out some of Taib's personal problems. The same piece of land waslater sold to TPPT Sdn Bhd by Encik Taib for a low cost housing projectwhich is now known as Taman Tun Perak. d) Datuk Seri Anwar Ibrahim instructed me to help Dato' Nazri Abdullah'sGroup to take over NST Group from Renong. I sought the assistance of HongLeong Group to structure the deal. I spoke to Seow Lun Hoo and Quek LengChan of Hong Leong. They proposed that Dato' Nazri's Group use MRCB asvehicle to take over the shares of NST. I then spoke to Maybank to arrangea loan for Dato' Nazri to buy into MRCB and another loan for MRCB to buyinto NST. e) I was directed by Datuk Seri Anwar to help Encik Faiz Abdullah (DatukSeri Anwar Ibrahim's ghost writer), together with Seow Lun Hoo of HongLeong to buy into Kewangan Usaha Bersatu Berhad (KUBB), then owned byIdris Hydraulic Berhad. The scheme involved using Arus Murni Berhadformerly known as Timuran Berhad, a company listed on the Main Board ofKLSE as the holding company. I approached the following banks to helpsyndicate the loan for the purchase of KUBB shares costing above RM400million. 1. Hong Leong Bank 2. Hong Leong Finance 3. Sime Bank 4. RHB Bank5. Southern Bank 6. BSN Commercial Bank. Faiz Abdullah is a very cleverghost writer and a political operator for Datul Seri Anwar Ibrahim. He isalso a lawyer, ex-journalist and ex-Special Branch police officer.
13. My involvement with Tong Kooi Ong and "Master Account" infurtherance of Datuk Seri Anwar Ibrahim's instructions landed me introuble with the law. On 16th September 1999, I was charged with failingto disclose truthfully information on Ben Harta Sdn Bhd shares and 51 ofits properties allegedly held for my benefit totalling RM23.9 million.
14. I must state that I never knew the two gentlemen purportedly to bethe shareholders of Ben Harta Sdn Bhd i.e. Gan Hong Sin @ Lan Hong Singand Gan Sor Ting. Tong Kooi Ong did indicate to me that this company holdsproperty and shares as part of the scheme to raise funds for Datuk SeriAnwar. I have never been shown or seen the books of the Master Accounthandled by Tong Kooi Ong. I am not aware of any shares held by Ben Hartaon my behalf, nor the locations of the 51 properties allegedly also heldon my behalf, except one (1) apartment and one (1) bungalow which I wasentrusted to maintain for purpose of investment and to be later sold forthe Master Account.
15. I strongly believe that wrong information has been given to theauthorities implicating me with Ben Harta Sdn Bhd. I point my finger atTong Kooi Ong and the two shareholders of Ben Harta. They have implicatedme to save their own skin.
16. Apart from the properties held under Ben Harta Sdn Bhd, I also knowthat a few properties have been bought for investment under the MasterAccount and for Datuk Seri Anwar Ibrahim's future personal use. Theseproperties located around Kuala Lumpur are valued at about RM15 million.
17. As regards the damaging policies adopted by BNM following theeconomic recession in July 1997, I must categorically state that I wasopposed strongly to these policies. I opposed the "Legal Lending Limit",the reduction of NPLs (non-performing loans) from 6 months to 3 months,the "Credit Crunch" introduced in October 1997 and the Higher Rate ofInterest. These were all policies endorsed and adopted by Datuk Seri AnwarIbrahim. A few concerned BNM officers/executives and I tried to halt thesepolicies from being implemented. Datuk Seri Anwar Ibrahim even censured mefor speaking out against these policies. He accused me of being "too closeto the market". I now realise that these harsh measures were Datuk SeriAnwar Ibrahim's political plan to crush the economy and bring Malaysia toits knees in order to invite in the International Monetary Fund (IMF) toover the Prime Minister's position.
18. Following my arrest and my subsequent resignation as ExecutiveDirector of RHB Bank Berhad I have thought over my involvement with DatukSeri Anwar Ibrahim and have come to realise that what I have done, thoughas I said earlier was forced upon me as one of the Executives in BNM, isindeed very regrettable. I now realise that I have been exploited and madeuse of by Datuk Seri Anwar Ibrahim to hold assets for his political andpersonal use and benefit. These assets including those held under BenHarta, do not belong to me. As such, it is up to the Government to takethe necessary legal action in respect of their disposal, includingforfeiture if permissible.
19. I now call upon all peace loving and loyal citizens of Malaysia toreject all the political manoeuvres by Datuk Seri Anwar Ibrahim and hissupporters and instead support all the economic and fiscal efforts tobring back the economic well being of the country. I am ever ready andwilling to go public to denounce the improprieties and machinations ofDatuk Seri Anwar Ibrahim in furtherance of his political ambitions thatare indeed detrimental to national peace, security and politicalstability.
20. In conclusion I state in unequivocal terms that this PressConference/Release made by way of Statutory Declaration was made by mevoluntarily, without any inducement, threat or promise or coercion fromany quarter, nor in return for any favours or special treatment inconnection with the charge that I am now facing AND I make this solemndeclaration conscientiously, believing the same to be true and by virtueof the Statutory Declaration Act, 1960.
Signed by the abovenamed
Dato' Abdul Murad bin Khalid
28 October 1999.
p/s Is the Anwar Ibrahim implicated in this revealing declaration the same guy who is going all out to tarnish and topple the current Deputy Prime Minister Datuk Seri Najib Tun Razak ?
Why Anwar is constantly attacking Najib while conveniently ignoring the follies of Abdullah Ahmad the grandson of Badawi?
Is it because Najib is the real stumbling block as he knows Anwar in and out, and because he enjoys 'real' grassroot support of Umno?
Pls, help me 'decipher' this guy ... for if we continue to ignore history, the dark-ages of the late 90s could return.
Wednesday, June 11, 2008
MUST BE SACKED
CHARGED FOR SEDITION & CONTEMPT
By Matthias Chang
Conduct Unbecoming of A Judge
Justice Datuk Ian Chin must be sacked for conduct unbecoming of a judge and prosecuted for sedition and contempt.
My grounds for calling such actions to be taken against the Judge are as follows:
A Unsubstantiated Allegations
The so-called disclosure made by Justice Datuk Ian Chin and published by the Star and New Straits Times, that the former Prime Minister threatened the judiciary has been contradicted by two judges as at 11th June 2008, namely:
Datuk Shaik Daud Mohamad Ismail, former Court of Appeal Judge
“It is a real shock. I do remember the (then) prime minister conveying the message about higher damages in defamation suits but not of any threats of removing judges via tribunal.”
NST 11th June 2008
At page 6
A serving Judge (Name not disclosed in NST)
“Tun Eusoffe Chin (then Chief Justice) had invited (Tun) Dr. Mahathir (Mohamad) to personally address judges at the 1997 judges’ conference at a hotel in Shah Alam. The former PM did say that the government would not introduce a law to cap damages awarded to a party in a defamation suit and left it to judges to control it. He did also raise (Datuk) Ian Chin’s election petition argument, which the former PM said was “against us”. However, we did not speak up because the majority of senior judges felt that Chin’s ruling on that case was legally flawed. There were about 70 judges at the meeting but I think the majority of us, including Chin, were not influenced by what Dr. Mahathir said. I feel Chin took the opportunity to speak from the Bench because he thought Dr. Mahathir was responsible for blocking his promotion”.
NST 11th June 2008
At page 6
It stands to reason, from the above statements, that Justice Datuk Ian Chin had no basis whatsoever in making the wild allegations against the former prime minister.
It is an indictment against the integrity of Justice Datuk Ian Chin that a serving judge is of the view that Justice Datuk Ian Chin’s wild allegations against the former prime minister may be actuated by malice and or self-manufactured delusion that his promotion was blocked by the former prime minister.
Any reasonable man and woman, in the light of the above wild allegations, can only come to the conclusion that Justice Datuk Ian Chin is not only, not deserving promotion, but to be appointed to the high office of a judge in 1992.
Reference to the term “Boot Camp”
To refer to a conference of judges and judicial officers on the 26th – 30th May 1997 as a “Boot Camp” to be “indoctrinated” is to use language unbecoming of a judge.
Bringing the Judiciary Into Disrepute
By making unsubstantiated the allegations against the former Chief Justice and the former President of the Court of Appeal, Justice Datuk Ian Chin has scandalised the entire judiciary and it is submitted that he has also committed contempt of court.
On reading Justice Datuk Ian Chin’s statement, one cannot but question his motives.
All we need to ask is the simple question, “Why now?”
If Justice Datuk Ian Chin is a man of principle, he ought to have made a police report and it is a lame excuse to say that “We went to the possibility of making a police report or of writing to the Chief Justice a letter to record what he said over the telephone but in the end he decided against it since it would be his word against that of the Chief Justice.”
If, in fact his allegations are true, as a judge upholding justice and truth, Justice Datuk Ian Chin should have faith in his own integrity and his fellow judges that ultimately truth and justice will prevail.
But, instead he makes excuses and his action is that of a coward and a man without principle.
In the circumstances, I called upon this disreputable judge to an Open Public Debate on the issues raised in his Open Court Statement within a week from the date hereof.
If he refuses, I am calling him a coward, a liar and a man unfit to continue in office as a judge.
And I challenge him to hold me in contempt of his court in making this challenge!
And I am warning Justice Datuk Ian Chin that I intend to lodge a police report against him on his unfounded allegation on the expiry of my notice to him to accept my challenge!
The courage of Justice Datuk Ian Chin’s convictions will be tested by the courage of my convictions!
A Challenge to the Current Chief Justice
If the current Chief Justice was present in the said conference, I demand as a citizen and a lawyer (and lawyers are officers of the Court) to know from the Chief Justice whether the allegation that the former prime minister threatened the judiciary is correct.
If not, whether the Chief Justice intends to advise the Yang Di-Petuan Agong and the Prime Minister to convene a Tribunal to investigate into the misconduct of this despicable judge and to recommend his dismissal and to hold the said judge in contempt of court.
A Challenge to Ambiga
I read with disgust the press statement of Ambiga, the President of Bar Council which presupposes that what Justice Datuk Ian Chin disclosed in Open Court was the truth, the whole truth and nothing but the truth.
If the allegation by the said judge is found to be without basis whatsoever, I am challenging Ambiga to have the courage of her convictions to lodge a police report against the said judge and to lead another “walk to the Prime Minister’s office in Putrajaya” to demand that the said judge be dismissed.
Ambiga, I have previously issued a challenge to you for a public debate.
I am now issuing another challenge to debate on the statement of Justice Datuk Ian Chin. You are to reply within 48 hours from the date hereof.
If you refuse, forever hold your tongue and desists from making stupid press statements concerning the judiciary. You sound like an opportunist and you act like one.
A challenge to Judges
I am sick and fed up of judges who have no guts to speak up when in office and to live up to their oath of office.
Judges demand an independent judiciary but are unwilling to make sacrifices to ensure its independence. It is such silence in the face of such outrages misconduct by a fellow judge that confirms the public’s perception that judges are opportunists and cowards.
Why make spurious allegations now and not before?
The problem of the judiciary is to be found within the judiciary. Don’t blame third parties for your sordid state of affairs!
To Fellow Malaysians
You may have noticed by now, that whenever the Badawi Regime has a crisis eg. The UMNO crisis following the General Election disaster and now the oil price fiasco, the Badawi spin doctors would attempt to divert your attention with allegations against Tun Dr. Mahathir Mohamad.
This happened just before the General Elections with the setting up of the Royal Commission and the wild allegations against Tun Dr. Mahathir Mohamad.
This is another side show to throw your mind and anger away from the oil price hike to a non-issue by a frustrated old Judge who cannot even lie properly.
This judge is angry because he covets the post of Chief Judge of Sarawak and Sabah. He cannot understand why Tan Sri Richard Malanjun was promoted to the post instead. He blames the former prime minister but he care not to examine is infantile behaviour. And now, the desperate politicians are taking advantage of his stupidity for their political ends!
Don’t fall for this insidious tactic of the Badawi Regime and the blogs and websites fronting for Anwar Ibrahim.
p/s reproduced from BIGDOG's blog.
Tuesday, June 10, 2008
Now, it's finally his turn!
The great Kalimullah Maseerul Hasan has been 'sacked' from NSTP (M) Bhd by none other than the Flipping Flopper PM himself.
The PM or more accurately his advisers ( including an influential guy from Bernama) is said to have TOLD Mr.Kali to vacate all his positions in NSTP as soon as possible as 'KALI HAS BECOME A LIABILITY TO THE PRIME MINISTER'.
A BIGBIRD from Berita Nasional Malaysia told me last night that he expects one his bosses to be alleviated
as the PM's 'unofficial but seen to be official' Media Adviser position.
Kali, it was mentioned, is very unhappy with the PM's decision and is said to be buying time while attempting to persuade the 'Flippin Flopper' to change his decision.
(Kali knows all too well that the guy is famous for just that)
The same bird said NSTP's Hishamuddin Aun has also been / will be asked to pack his bags, and that the Group Editor In Chief post in the media group is to be filled by Syed Nazri.
There has also been clear instructions to remove certain 'super liberal' elements from the newsdesks of several media organisations.
That's all for now but the main thing is that Kali has finally been shown the door.
I hope he gets the message loud and clear, and leaves before the push gets stronger.
p/s Some say a guy by the name Anuar/Anwar is responsible for Kali's removal. I wonder which one now!!!
Thursday, June 5, 2008
Please help us, Malaysians from all walks of life, to remove a cancerous disease in the form of the Prime Minister and his bunch of lunatic advisors.
We, Malaysians from every race, religion and credo, have tried almost everything to persuade him to leave and hand over the heavy responsibility to an able leader but Abdullah Ahmad Badawi remains deaf and arrogant.
We, the young and old Malaysians who are loyal citizens of this nation, fear that this beloved nation of ours would slide into anarchy if Abdullah is allowed to continue with his destructive stupidity and fake piousness.
Abdullah preaches daily about a caring society but he is systematically TORTURING US while ENRICHING his cronies. He’s demanding us to change our life style while he goes shopping purchasing new aircrafts and bullet proof BMWs.
We have nowhere and no one else to turn to except you because Abdullah and his band of robbers are getting brutal and daring by the day.
He looks more like a TRAITOR than a leader. Please help us to REMOVE him, whichever way you see fit!